Full Stack Node.JS - Part 2
As a novice to software development, Full Stack Stack Node.js Part 2 was certainly a lot to take on. The second screencast covered the following topics:
- Build a model to access the Redis database
- Write simple unit tests
- Use namespaced routes to organize URLs and code
- Write view helper methods to consolidate logic
- Protect routes for administrative access
- Use and write middleware
- Use metaprogramming to build a state machine
- Bundle client-side assets
- Send events to a client with socket.io
- In particular I was a little tripped up while debugging; this happened for a couple reasons:
I am still learning where specific code goes in terms of controllers, models, helpers, etc.
I plan on reviewing this screencast again, after I am more comfortable with using CoffeeScript and Jade.